Simple, delicious, raw and healthy. Crunchy, sweet and savory. What could be better?
Fennel Pomegranate Salad
1 stalk fennel (bulb, stems and leaves)
1 organic lemon, juiced
2 tsp olive oil
dash sea salt
- Chop fennel bulb off stem and remove tough outer sections from the bulb. Slice into quarters and then cut into slices. Cut stems into small circles and chop feathery leaves. Add all to a bowl.
- Gently cut pomegranate peel with the tip of a sharp knife, scoring the peel into fourths. Gently pull the pomegranate apart. Working with one fourth at a time, over a large bowl, flip peel inside out so seeds can be pushed off into the bowl. This can be messy, so do it carefully with pomegranate lowed into the bowl to avoid splattering clothes.
- Rinse pomegranate seeds and remove any white membranes/pith.
- Add pomegranate to the fennel. Drizzle with oil, lemon juice, and add salt. Stir well and chill.
- Put into small containers for an on-the-go snack or meal. Use as a topping for mixed greens for a larger salad, maybe with an orange, olive oil dressing.