EMFs are everywhere, created by many sources, such as cell phones, power lines, computers, metals in our mattresses, synthetic materials in our homes, and more. EMFs interfere with the body's electrical "circuitry", disrupting communication in the body, causing cell oxidation, creating an acid state in the body and interrupting sleep patterns.
I don't propose to go into a long explanation, as you can read a good article on Dr. Mercola's site. I am not advocating anxiety or panic, but am just bringing some ideas to your attention. It seems that there are simple steps that can be taken that might really help eliminate some of the excess EMFs that may be negatively affecting your health or sleep.
Here are a few steps that I plan to take:
- Keep my cell phone and computer out of the bedroom when I sleep and, if at all possible, try not to use them for at least an hour before bed. Limiting explosure to electronics before bed can actually help your sleep cycle.
- Research "blue blocker" glasses to wear around my house at night. As the sun goes down, natural blue light diminishes which tells our body to prepare for sleep. When we use lots of artificial lights and electronic devices at night, we keep the blue light levels higher and this can disrupt sleep cycles. Wellness Mama has a good article on this that you might find helpful.
- I recently got a new Savvy Rest mattress that does not have any metal in it. It is also made with all organic, natural materials, and is super comfortable. I am sleeping great and loving it.
- I keep the head of my bed 3-6 feet from electrical outlets when sleeping.
- I will continue to research this topic so I can better understand the risks of EMFs. I will also check out something called f.lux that can help with computer blue light at night.
Just a few thoughts from someone on the journey.