In the Christian churches, time is set aside in this season for lent or the 40 days in preparation for Easter. There is sacrifice in anticipation of something better, reflection on what is really important, a cultivation of gratitude and renewed focus on the purpose of our work, relationships and life.
Stores are sporting the newest styles and summer fashions. Friends are discussing plans for summer or travel. Everywhere you look, there are signs that our winter hibernation is at an end.
(Onward!...click "Read More")
On this journey to a healthier lifestyle, there are some practical steps that you might consider to improve your energy, reduce negative symptoms and support the cells of the body.
- Replace toxic cleaners, air fresheners, shampoos, toothpaste with wholesome alternatives that support your health. (Young Living has my favorite options.) Make it fresh and clean!
- Add one or two new healthy recipes to your routine (check out some smooth recipes and utilize early spring greens).
- Plan a garden or porch pots with some fresh greens, herbs and other tasty treats.
- Diffuse essential oils throughout the house to freshener the air and get rid of unwanted invaders. (Thieves can be used to get rid of mold too.)
- Plan some fun outdoor adventures. I joined a hiking Meetup group and I have enjoyed the outings and the people I've met.